[Swansea Hackspace] A tidy Hackspace is a happy Hackspace

Tom Lake tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 18:56:08 BST 2017

Some reminders of basic hackspace etiquette are apparently required:

* Clean up after yourself

This includes washing up any glasses and crockery used, disposing of
food and drink containers into the appropriate bins and ensuring
surfaces are clean after use. This includes cleaning up any mess generated.

* Tidy up after yourself

Please put tools away after use, ensuring that tools are turned off and
returned to their proper homes. I'm aware that the last part can be
unclear - if in doubt return it to the place you found it or ask someone
else. Return your equipment and projects to your box or locker.

* Lock up after yourself [Notice the theme with the headings?]

Please close windows and doors when leaving the space. This is Swansea,
rain happens quite often (like today) and needless to say should not be
mixed with our equipment!

* Keep the directors informed [Couldn't fit this with the theme]
If an item of equipment breaks, is damaged or has parts missing then
please inform the directors (Tim, Justin and myself - or email
directors at swansea.hackspace.org.uk) so that we can fix the problem. Or,
if you can do so safely, fix the problem and then tell us what you fixed
and how.

The space belongs to all of us, and we all share the responsibility of
keeping the space clean, tidy, safe(!) and usable by any and all of its
members. Unfortunately I keep finding that one or more of the above
points have been ignored when I'm in the space.

Rant over, for now,

- Tom