[Swansea Hackspace] Looking for PSU desoldering/resoldering help

Rhys Jones rhys at newydd.net
Wed Mar 8 10:06:32 GMT 2017

Hello,

Long-term lurker, recent member. I'm looking for some help to replace three
components in a PSU for a BBC Master - three capacitors are nearing the end
of their life and there have been incidents over the past few years of BBC
Micros catching fire when powered up (e.g. https://goo.gl/gHW9ok )

I have the components and full instructions, which boil down to 'desolder,
then resolder', but haven't done any soldering this millennium, and my sole
attempt at desoldering many decades ago resulted in several tracks being
lifted off the PCB. Would someone be able to help, or better yet, do the
job? Happy to pay, either the person doing it, or via a donation to
Hackspace or another mutually agreed charity.

And if you have a BBC Micro/Master, you're really very strongly advised not
to turn it on till you re-cap the PSU. Kit available here
http://goo.gl/YqGHck

Diolch
Rhys