[Swansea Hackspace] Can you help some young "TeenTechers"?

Susan Quirk sq at glanymor.carms.sch.uk
Sat May 20 08:43:51 BST 2017

Hi everyone

I am the STEM coordinator at a secondary school in Burry Port. As a school we are very keen to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) projects and introduce our pupils to wonderful opportunities that are out there involving STEM careers. We have been extremely successful in many of the competitions we enter; last year named Young Engineers school of the year, as well as taking part and indeed winning several national STEM competitions. You can see all the great work we do on our twitter page @glanymorStem Currently we have a team of three y8 pupils (aged 13/14) who have won through to the national finals of the TeenTech Awards http://www.teentech.com/teentech-awards/ with their idea for an app which builds on the scan and shop concept, to include a range of additional info.

One of the core aims of TeenTech is that pupils link up with industry or technical mentors to develop their ideas and it would be great if amongst the Swansea Hackspace members there was someone who could support and mentor this young team. We have quite a tight deadline as we need to get their entry ready for the finals at the Royal Society in London on June 26th.

Sue Quirk
Ysgol Glan-Y-Mor
Burry Port
SA16 0AL