[Swansea Hackspace] Let's build one!

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Mon May 29 21:05:38 BST 2017

On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 16:17 +0100, Nathan Hackett wrote:
> By all means ignore my opinion, if it would be useful to you then go
> for it! Happy to help out. If you need multiple copies in plywood,
> and larger than the CNC can do, it would be very handy. There's
> enough overlap with the blackboard plotter that we could potentially
> build both in parallel.
>
> For one-offs the vinly cutter can draw very accurate large scale
> templates on the paper rolls we have. And we do have a handheld
> router, not used it myself though.

I had left my hand held router int he space for general use, i don't
know if anyone else brought another one, i don't mind it being attached
to things and used, but i don't want to see it hacked up for parts.

How big is this build yourself cnc thing anyway? is there room to keep
and use such a thing? and will materials large enough fit in the lift
to get them there ?