[Swansea Hackspace] Anyone know of laser cuttable vinyl-like material?

Andy Rush Andymrush at live.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 12:39:08 BST 2017

I've got an etching project that needs some very small (under 1" square), detailed resists made for it. normally, I'd go for the vinyl cutter, but the level of detail is smaller than what I know the vinyl cutter can handle. The laser cutter would be the ideal tool to make this, but you can't put vinyl in the laser cutter because of the fumes. Does anyone know of a material that's got similar properties to vinyl (ie: waterproof, self adhesive backing, non conductive) but that can be safely put into the laser cutter without re-enacting the chemical warfare of WWI?

Cheers

Andy