[Swansea Hackspace] Analogue b&w TV,

Jon Pitans jonpitans at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 5 12:44:59 BST 2017

the easy answer is get a freeview box. For a more elegant solution you
could try mounting the Freeview's guts somewhere inside the casing and cut
out a gap to expose the freeview controls and IR receiver. Depends how
elegant you want to make it but if you an find an older freeview box that
is powered by a figure 8 cable it should be easy to share power from the
mains lead coming into the telly and also route the RF coming into in
through the freeview board and back to the telly.

Of course all this comes with a pretty strong health warning as there are
some lethal voltages hanging around inside your old CRT telly even after it
has been unplugged, some of the big capacitors in there can deliver a
deadly shock even after your telly has been unplugged for a few days so
take care.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Alex Duffield <alexmduffield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have a 7inch b&w old portable TV in full working order, but of corse is
> analogue and there is no analogue transmissions left in this country, it
> works well as a radio but I would like to get it to pick up atleast some
> tv, anyone know a way to do this? I appreciate it's some pretty ancient
> tech nowadays lol

Subscribe to my Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnpjPD29-EwONSt8vP5z2nQ