[Swansea Hackspace] Colour printer

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 13:28:52 BST 2017

On 25/09/17 13:35, Thomas Lake wrote:
> It should appear as "a3printer" in the list on the laptops. If not then
> it is set up on the desktops.
>
> No explicit charging on it at the moment (as far as I'm aware), but a
> donation in the box wouldn't be inappropriate - particularly for any
> larger jobs.
>
> - Tom
Thanks Tom. I have tried to use the printer to print in COLOUR and
the document comes out in monochrome.
I have tried it from both Libreoffice and from the PDF reader and there
seems to be some
setting that confines it to monochrome.
The machine I used was one that Tim recommended to me.
This is the middle of the three machines on the side of the space where
the vinyl cutter is.
My researches indicated that there is actually a linux driver for this
printer which I downloaded
but it requires the root password for installation which is evidently
not the same as the one for logging in.
I DO know that this can be circumvented and changed but I didn't think
it was appropriate for me to fiddle with
a hackspace machine like this.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? The printer prints but there
is no colour and it is colour that I want.

Neil