[Swansea Hackspace] Floppys

Gwion Davies gwiondavies at live.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 13:12:49 BST 2018

The intention is to use the USB floppy drive to write to disks on a modern machine that can then be used to install an os onto the 90s machine with it’s built in floppy drive.

Kate has kindly donated a stack of floppy disks so now I’m looking to get a couple of floppy drives, one for the HS and one for personal use. I may also need to replace the internal floppy drive as it is throwing an error on boot.

We did however manage to get Duke Nukem 3D up and running last night by imaging the CF card with FreeDOS but there were loads of compatibility issues so a fresh install is likely required.

[cid:50BD455D-1582-4018-B8AC-1A0F71505CCF at swan.ac.uk]

G.