[Swansea Hackspace] Old components and shizzle

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Sat Jun 30 20:07:36 BST 2018

On Sat, 2018-06-30 at 16:20 +0100, Matthew Daubney wrote:
> I'm having a clear out and have loads of old components and bits and
> bobs I no longer need. Would these be of use to the space? Lots of
> through hole, some surface mount.
>
> There's no real value to them to me so destined for landfill
> otherwise.

If its the kind of stuff that can be put in the sorter trays with the
other components, ie segregated values of resistors, capacitors,
transistors etc.

then yes please do feel free to contribute to those collections.

for other miscellaneously useful circuit boards and components theres a
small collection infront of the pick and mix, usually with a suitable
donation pricetag attached as guidance.

however, if its just a mixed bagged of mashed together components then
we already have one of those, or did, it hung around for a couple of
years with nobody being bothered to segregate and sort them :)