[Swansea Hackspace] Maplin N78AR solder station?

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:03:59 GMT 2018

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I lent/donated my Maplin solder station
(https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-50w-mains-solder-station-n78ar) to
the hackspace. I was just wondering if anyone has seen it lately? I have
been looking for it in the space, but even though its packaging is still
there it is nowhere to be found.

If someone borrowed it, please bring it back. If it broke and was thrown
away, please let me know as I still have a set of three spare tips
(N79AR) that I'll then get rid of. (I don't think they sell them anymore.)

Cheers,
Gerrit

PS: For such a cheap solder station, I was surprised that I was able to
solder surface mount components using lead-free solder with this thing.
It's not as bad as what it's made out to be :P