[Swansea Hackspace] 3d printer

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Sun Mar 11 15:26:49 GMT 2018

On Sat, 2018-03-10 at 22:50 +0000, Alex Duffield wrote:
> It is my understanding that the hackspace is looking into a prusa mk3
> as a possible new printer, I own one and can bring it in if the
> hackspace and the directors want a look at the multitude of features
> it posseses

They do get some good reviews, but I do wonder what is it that makes it
better than any other professionally supplied kit that we need to
assemble, like the RepRapPro Mendel that we already have. That was
forever requiring adjustments and ultimately the parts fatigued and we
have its current failed state.

So i guess what I am asking is, what makes prusa's i3 different that it
wont suffer the same fate ?

As from the original discussion I had somewhat assumed we were talking
of the kind of 3D printer that comes ready built and tested in a box
with a warranty.