[Swansea Hackspace] Promotion at Swansea Comic and Gaming convention this weekend

Finlay Russell finlay3110 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:17:28 BST 2018

*Weapon Props*

With the exception of items mentioned in the Banned Items list, weapon
props are permitted. All Weapon Props should either be;

   - Foam weapons built round a core such as those used for live action
   roleplaying, or;
   - Unrealistic and toy guns (made of brightly coloured plastics, with
   flashing lights and stickers), or that are clearly science fiction based
   (phasers, plasma guns, blasters), and foam firing toys

The maximum size permitted is 150cm, or 180cm in the case of a staff.
Larger items must be capable of being dismantled into smaller pieces and be
so dismantled if the event is crowded.

Scythes are a particularly difficult item to carry safely. As such, they
must be made to disconnect into two parts for carrying regardless of size.

Shields are allowed as long as they do not exceed 1 metre in height or
width, and any hard edges and corners are suitably rounded off and padded.

*Banned Items*

   - Roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, go-carts, and
   similar wheeled items (due to venue restrictions)
   - Metal blades whether sharp or blunt e.g. swords, axes, and knives.
   - Actual guns, rifles, or artillery.
   - Heavy bats, paddles or clubs including wooden or metal baseball bats.
   - Heavy items that could be used as weapons e.g. iron pokers, heavy cast
   iron pans, or crowbars are not permitted. Nor are power tools such as
   actual chainsaws or hedge trimmers.
   - Bokken- a type of hard wooden (or toughened plastic) training sword.
   - Explosives and incendiary devices.
   - Functional strung bows or crossbows, sharp arrows or bolts.
   - Heavy gas canisters.
   - Protruding nails or other sharp items
   - Any other items restricted or prohibited from being carried in public
   by UK law

If you have any queries regarding the display or transportation of a weapon
or prop outside of the event, contact the relevant authority. Police may
destroy confiscated items without warning.