[Swansea Hackspace] Workshop: 24th Feb

tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 17:06:09 GMT 2019

Looking at my calendar, I can probably run a workshop on the 24th of this month

Would people be interested in:

a) Simple electronics
This would be a combination of some of the workshops I've run before and would cover simple passive circuits

b) Discrete logic circuits
Not as useful in the age of cheap microcontrollers, but would cover Boolean logic circuits and some similar components (latches, shift registers).
I'd be aiming to cover enough information to be able to explain the circuits on the back of the flipdot panels

c) Inkscape and FreeCAD basics
Inkscape is the software we normally recommend for the laser and vinyl cutters, and can also be used for simple CNC machine designs. FreeCAD is a more capable but perhaps less familiar tool that is able to produce 3D models for CNC or 3D printing.
The course would _not_ include any induction on the machines

d) General open day
I'll turn up and open the space as we do on Monday nights for any visitors or for non-keyholders who want to come in and use equipment.

Vote here and I'll (probably) run the most popular option: https://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Polls/Workshop20190224

- Tom