[Swansea Hackspace] Next month at the hackspace

tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk tom at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Tue Jan 22 11:06:56 GMT 2019

Coming up over the next month or so at the hackspace:

* Hack the Space! - 12pm 02/02/2019
Our quarterly cleanup event is here again. Midday onwards on Saturday the 2nd
The list of tasks is here: https://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Meetings/HTS2019Q1
If there's anything that you think needs to be added, let me or one of the other directors know

* Inductions: Laser Cutter - 7pm Wednesday 06/02/2019
Attempting to re-establish the monthly induction nights, we'll start with a basic introduction to how the laser cutter can be used without breaking it or yourself.
As a reminder, inductions are required for members who want to use equipment unsupervised.

* Inductions: 3D Printers - 7pm Wednesday 06/03/2019
The March induction night will cover use of the 3D printers available in the space.

Not forgetting our recurring events:

* Crafternoons - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays (28/01/2019, 13/02/2019, 27/02/2019)
If you are interested in learning to knit, crochet, or sew, or if you already know how to do it and you would like to meet other people and craft socially come on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.

* Open evenings - every Monday at 7pm
Our regular open and social evenings continue on Mondays for members and non-members alike.

Upcoming events are listed on our website https://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/Meetings/Next as well as at https://opentechcalendar.co.uk/group/218-swansea-hackspace if you want to add them to your calendar (Look at the export/share link)

As ever, there's still room for any extra events that members wish to run  - I expect to be adding an Axespace entry in the near future :-)

- Tom