[Swansea Hackspace] Leather engraving

Kieran Evans keyz182 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:08:50 BST 2019

I've never laser cut leather, but have done some research into it.

  * Real leather works pretty well, many of the software packages have a
    leather setting on them, and you can get spectacular results.
      o Keep WELL ventilated - you'll litterally be burning skin, it
        gets very smelly
  * Faux leather - be very careful, or just don't do it at all. They can
    be made of plastics that give off toxic fumes when laser cut, and
    it's often difficult to track down the exact composition to allow
    you to check in the first place.

Kieran