[Swansea Hackspace] Solar Panel Battery Charging

Ceri Clatworthy ceri.clatworthy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 18:41:14 BST 2020

Assuming you only need 3V3, then you could just charge an 18650 LiPo with
Resistor & Diode directly from solar panel,

*Yes I know it is not the best solution, but if the solar panel is about
the right 'power' O/P then it should be OK,*
*After all, that's how MOST solar security lights work.*

Assuming you are using something like a D1 mini, then you can probably just
connect the LiPo directly across it's 5V input.