[Swansea Hackspace] Medical Mask Printing

Peter Barnes pe5erb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:02:08 GMT 2020

All,

I've been in talks with the university about doing this on a larger scale,
including wholesale supply of the other materials required.

Please be *very careful* in making sure that you have an NHS trust who is
completely willing to accept what you're making (and the way you're making
it). There's a lot to consider here: are the materials you're using
appropriate for a medical environment? if you were to be infected would you
be passing that along into your supply chain? The guidance from Prusa
<https://blog.prusaprinters.org/from-design-to-mass-3d-printing-of-medical-shields-in-three-days/>
isn't all encompassing, but a couple of things they have listed are:

   - Using a fresh set of gloves for collecting each batch of prints
   - Immediately placing parts into a seal-able bag

There is potentially scope for having others help towards the university's
work on this, but I cannot confirm that at this stage.

Peter