[Swansea Hackspace] Local 3D Printing/CNC groups

Kieran Evans keyz182 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:05:20 BST 2020

Sure, all prices open to offers:

Hypercube Evolution - CoreXY - £450

  * 320x320 mains heated build plate
  * ~280mm build height (potentially could be tweaked to over 300)
  * e3d hemera + volcano hotend (with current assembly, limits print
    area to about 280x280mm)
  * Duet Wifi 2 controller + Screen
  * Hiwin linear rails for XY
  * BLTouch bed leveling
  * Can provide most of the Fusion360 CAD designs (some is original Hevo
    design, some is custom, I've lost track at this point).
  * It may have a meanwell power supply, can't remember, will need to check.
  * Magnetic build plate

"Scrap Printer" - designed a printer that would use only parts I already
had over a weekend. - £100 (duet + screen is £200 alone)

  * ~200x200x200mm build area
  * Duet wifi + screen
  * e3d titan
  * Design and build -
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB7cIuujCNRwTjod-JeD7_v_aeFrUvVVo
    <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB7cIuujCNRwTjod-JeD7_v_aeFrUvVVo>

Openbuilds Minimill - £400

  * https://openbuilds.com/builds/openbuilds-minimill.5087/
    <https://openbuilds.com/builds/openbuilds-minimill.5087/>
  * Not official Openbuilds parts - chinese imports
  * BLDC Motor - 750w + VESC4 controller
  * Generic Chinese stepper controllers
  * AXBB-E motion controller http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html
    <http://cncdrive.com/AXBB.html> - Massive overkill. Will make sure
    you get the UCCNC license too

I also have a 1KG spool of Amazon 2.85mm dark gray ABS that is free to
collector. Opened it yesterday without double checking the label...

Planning to just get a Prusa Mini instead - I think I've only used the
full extend of the Hevo build volume once or twice.