[Swansea Hackspace] Minutes of Introductory Meeting 2013-04-02

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Apr 4 20:42:46 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 17:42 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:56:48 +0100
> Justin Mitchell <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > thanks to all of those that were able to make it to last nights meeting.
> >
> > I have quickly typed up the notes i took, please let me know if there's
> > anything you feel i forgot or got wrong.
> >
> > http://swansea.hackspace.org.uk/meetings/
>

> On the H&S side - you can't just "avoid" things you need to do proper
> risk assessments.

The statement i was trying to summarise was saying to avoid some of the
worst H&S issues by just not performing those activities, e.g. if you
dont have a lathe you don't need to make sure everyones suitably trained
on one. and that therefore the less dangerous chemicals and heavy
machinery we have the less there is to worry about.

but then some of us think that part of the usefulness of a hackspace is
somewhere we can go to do exactly those kind of dangerous things.

> "Some funding is available (eg from the university) for projects that
> look like they a serious about outreaching to industry."
>
> I assume "are" not "a".
I shall have words with my proof reader ;)