[Swansea Hackspace] Using RPi to control external devices

Tim Moore timmoore47 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:33:25 GMT 2013

I've no idea how to use this facility.

This is worthy of sharing but not sure if its the right entry point.

I'm using the Command Line Interpreter 'BASH' to write Scripts (BAT
files to Microsoft users) to read input signals sent to the General
Purpose Input Output port on the RPi.

On making decisions based on the data, it sends a signal out to a
hardware controller.

At the moment is works to detect when the sun is strong enought to
offer enough power to a batch of Solar Panels to turn on a 2.7Kw
Immersion Heater = free hot water.

____

Its a general purpose solution so can do a lot more complex control
systems,   but all the software and external hardware works !

If anyone is interested I can share all the 'Howto' Information.

:  )

Tim