[Swansea Hackspace] What next

Tom Lloyd napalmllama at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 13:40:58 GMT 2013

>From the wiki:

That last point is REALLY important, focus on the community first and
> foremost, the space cannot exist without it. Spend several months building
> up a group of people who want to hack together and it'll work brilliantly.
> Don't even start planning the physical space until you have a community of
> enough people to make it viable.

We don't have the money now to hire premises, and it isn't a good idea yet
anyway because we're barely even established.  I think some of the things
we're agonising over on the list may sort themselves out as soon as we have
our first meeting, just by virtue of face-to-face conversation.

Regarding H&S, I don't mind taking on some responsibility for that when the
time comes - I've had some basic training (4 day IOSH course) which isn't
much but it's a start.  I have a few well-qualified contacts (NEBOSH,
CMIOSH) whom I can consult, too.  But all in good time, it doesn't apply
yet!

-- Tom