[Swansea Hackspace] Funding and Locations

Paul Harwood paul at harwood-leon.com
Fri Nov 22 15:52:03 GMT 2013

Hi Justin, All.

As I mentioned, we are now occupying the space in wind street where we are looking for interesting things to run there (events etc).

We have a 60 person event space that can be used for meetings etc with fold away tables and chairs a projector/screen and possibly some secure space where stuff can be left.

But because of fire regulations we probably wont be able to host things like laser cutters and drill machinery, not without the investment to make them safe.

But we are very open to the hackspace meetings and hack events being based here until a suitable space can be found, perhaps we can even help in some way with our contacts that have helped us raise the necessary funds to make our space happen.

I think BT may be a good sponsor for you as they have a community agenda. I have a senior contact there that you/we can approach when the time is right (maybe early next year?).

Cheers

-- Paul

If you can be relatively specific about the activities you want to run