[Swansea Hackspace] [Announce] Technical Meeting - Mon 2nd Dec 2013

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 11:56:10 GMT 2013

Technical Meeting - Micro-Controllers Workshop #2
7pm Monday 2nd December 2013
Volcano Theatre, 229 High Street, Swansea.

A hands on workshop teaching the basics of using small, cheap computing
devices to build circuits that can automate and interact with the
physical world. This session will be covering the Getting Started
(buttons and lights) and Communications (serial ports) tutorials.

Participants will need to bring their Starter Kit and a suitable laptop,
it would be advisable to download and install the software in advance
(links on the website). I have a few loan kits for anyone that doesn't
already have a Starter Kit.

Bonus Activity: To help demonstrate that this isn't just an electronics
club, and that we want to embrace all of the creative maker community,
we shall also be running an informal intro to Crochet for those that
want have a go