[Swansea Hackspace] Outreach letter

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Fri Oct 11 12:28:52 BST 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-11 at 11:12 +0100, Andrew Price wrote:

> Yes, I think it's definitely worth mentioning that the hackspace will
> have tools and equipment but I'd prefer to avoid including any
> exhaustive-sounding lists because it limits the kind of immediate
> interest we attract.

It would be really great to see the group diversify into more artistic
areas; textiles, craft, jewellery, etc

My fear is that just now (more specifically: before we have a space)
that if we attract the attention of these people, they will look and see
that we don't have anything to offer them right now, and never come
back.

Once we have a space, and we can offer more* to people, i will be
amongst the first to push us to advertise far and wide and to be as
inclusive of other creative groups as possible.

* at the minimum a clear table and some space to work can be invaluable
to so many textile and other projects