[Swansea Hackspace] Equipment suggestions

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Aug 1 21:28:18 BST 2014

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:59:24 +0100
Justin Mitchell <justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk> wrote:

> So, now we have some clear winners from the 'which equipment' poll,
> namely laser cutter in first place, and CNC router in second.

If you have a CNC router you don't need a laser cutter - just to point
out the obvious. It'a also rather cheaper to manage because it's not a
fire hazard nor does it require a separate room, warnings on the door and
laser safety glasses.

You mention the JK-K3020 but I think you'll find it doesn't have the
required certifications to be used in the UK.

Alan