[Swansea Hackspace] Suggestions for website

Tim Clark eclipse at sucs.org
Fri Aug 15 09:32:51 BST 2014

On 15/08/2014 01:17, Graham Owens wrote:
> For the useful links section i would like to add www.bitsbox.co.uk to the components section.  I have no affiliation with them, but find them really handy for components in low quantities and since rs/farnell started charging delivery on small orders - they are a very expensive proposition for one or two components.
Done
> Also could a section be added to the resources for simple 'parts of circuits' not the right words, but for example a simple 7805 regulator with caps, how to connect a ldr/thermister/switch/etc to an input for both dark on/dark off operation. How to do the same for outputs, how to switch a relay from an arduino/pic - i know many people have killed their processors connecting directly to a relay.
Yes, that would probably be very helpful, most of the current resources
sections are based on the workshops we have run, someone (possibly me)
should probably run a "Basic Electronics" workshop and add the relevant
section to the website.
> Are there plans to to add project pages to the site so users can upload stuff they are working on and write a little about it for others to learn from or make suggestions too.
All users on the website have their own page, that is probably where I
would put things like that.
> Sorry if im bombarding the mailing list- but i have been wanting a hackspace near me for a long, long, long time.
Your coming up with useful points and generating much needed discussion,
the space is very little without the community that goes with it.

Tim