[Swansea Hackspace] TechHub Digital signage/Info Display System

djdavies83 djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:36:02 BST 2014

If 5.4" is just big enough.....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301040341670&alt=web

£7.49 inc delivery! Here is a video of an earlier model I own...

Joytech 5.6" TFT with aux AV in: http://youtu.be/D8HSE793vW0

I think it has the same size screen(ish), I'm about to order one of the these for my own project, I'll bring it in for viewing if your interested.

We could possibly 3d print a new casing which would incorporate the pi.

No animals were harmed in the making of this email. However, several thousand electrons were severely inconvenienced.

IMHO Justin's solution is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go,
depending on where you source your TVs/monitors from. ModMyPi has a VESA
mount for £2.99 (case sold separately):
https://www.modmypi.com/modmypi-raspberry-pi-case-vesa-mount

However, I did come across this beautiful design on Hackaday this morning:
http://hackaday.com/2014/08/15/pivena-the-open-source-raspberry-pi-case/

The design files are open source, so we can modify it as necessary. The
corners are 3D-printed and the panels are laser-cut plywood. A good reason
to get a laser cutter for the space, right? ;)
It looks like the 7" displays can be sourced of eBay for around £30-£40.