[Swansea Hackspace] 3D Printer Upgrades

Tim eclipse at sucs.org
Fri Aug 29 21:45:37 BST 2014

I agree, which is why I listed the option to get the better electronics now.
There are some even fancier electronics but they get much more expensive
quickly, also more than 3 extruders is probably not that useful and
would require some serious upgrades to the rest of the printer.

The electronics upgrade will be the last thing on that list to be
bought, partly to give people longer to pledge us up to being able to
afford the better board and partly because its no use without the rest
of the extruder anyway.

My plan is to get the second extruder working and be able to switch
between the 2 extruders before you start the print which will mean we
don't need the electronics upgrade to get some of the advantages of the
new head like finer prints and printing materials that don't work in our
existing extruder.

Tim