[Swansea Hackspace] Kit,money,turning up :)

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:06:43 BST 2014

Hello, a few questions and stuff.

Sorry about missing the grand launch-Im pretty crap with dates and
unless I get prodded before and then on the day, I tend to miss things.
nuts. feel free to prod me when things are on :)

so,
kit

Arduino, or Raspberry pi or both>?
Is there a preference of one over the other and why or whatever.IVe just
picked up a book from Pontardawe library on the Pi and programming it in
Python. Id like to try and learn Python, so that seems like a reasonable
excuse to git it a try :)

which to get?

there are several Arduino boards that I have seen, not sure about
raspberry pi,
but
I checked out maplins, then ebay (of course) big price difference. Do
you guys also have a favourite source or can supply them yourselves from
somewhere too?

Money.
can I pop along to a view events/meetins first to check that I like the
set up and that I dont annoy you more than I usually annoy people? as
the first meet would be a 20 quid sign up , then a tenner for the month.
both reasonable I guess, to pay bills etc, but Id rather spend it on a
micro board, so that i could ACTUALLY do something with you guys :) then
if I get along, Ill have to get a job, sell a child, ebay my life away
in order to attend regularly :)
Im also a bit of a traveller so tend to be away and this can mess up
continuity etc.
I missed the 14 months of gelling and stuff first and just rolled in as
you got the space.

curses. - I missed the printer workshop on saturday. still , I now know
where the venue is ( on paper) are there people milling around during
the day or whatever as I will be going down to dragon art centre to do
photography today so could check it out then. thats about 10.30 till 12ish.

and so finally, well done on getting it together! :)
I'll try and set alarms , cattle prods, paint signs on my front door and
inside of my eyelids in order to turn up to the next meeing, as I dont
use facebook or twitter, email is the way.feel free to annoy me about
meeting times and venues.

ps does anyone fancy going to that techie festival that someone posted a
link too on here?
-I think you get an Arduino board with an LCD display as a name badge
that tells you whats going on too.
not sure if thats yours to keep after or you hand it back in, but sounds
interesting anyway.

long mail huh?
:)

ciao for now