[Swansea Hackspace] Kit,money,turning up :)

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Wed Jul 9 11:09:46 BST 2014

there is a box full of Arduinos available for members to buy at the
HackSpace...

£5 each (comes with a nice sexy USB cable too)

One of the benefits of membership - bulk buy power and the sharing of
knowledge of how to source things cheaper (collectively) and learning from
the experience of grand masters like JM ;-)

Arduino is a good way to start programming, C based so it would be
familiar. Disadvantage of Pi is that the GPIO pins are wired directly to
the CPU and you could damage it with careless electronic build

The Arduino is VERY robust... I have done many stupid things with mine and
to date I have failed to destroy a single Arduino

There are lots of tutorials for Arduino, check the learning/tutorials
sections here htttp://arduino.cc/

Emyr

Mob: 07836 267426