[Swansea Hackspace] Kit,money,turning up :)

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 23:46:10 BST 2014

Great! cheers for the info guys :)

"
Arduino is a small 8bit computer that can do huge amounts of IO and a
few bits of being a computer, but has no OS."

that was a great summary :) cheers.

ok will pop along soon as. im just crap with dates and stuff.will try
and set alarms and what have you on the fone.
I looked *vaguely* for the place today too. didnt find it, ill pay more
attention next time, but didnt have the exact address post code etc.

Also, I go here

http://www.cetwales.co.uk/dal.shtml

Ive just been asked to take over that site for content management etc
today. will check it all out and see what they want to do. uses cushy
cms.. never heard of it.

Dragon arts project. at exactly the same time as this, they have lost
funding which means...
£10 memebership and £2.50 a lesson. I do photography and music there
(they also do pottery, and all sorts)
I mentioned your new space and stuff to the secretary, she was very
interested. Mentioned 3d printing etc.

its a different sort of space completely but, they have a (pretty much
unused) I.T room and all sorts and she thought you guys might be
situated in the Volcano theatre space as they were offering space to
groups etc.

so thats two things to join and pay for! ooooh the competition is
hotting up :)

will check when the next event is and pop along. will def get an
Arduino then, and hope to tinker with it, but i have problems with C
syntax (read, *im clueless) so may well get a Pi to tinker with aswel,
but look forward to learning with you guys.
cheers for the explanations etc.

I have two projects.
1 is a totally controlled plant growing environment (hardware) some
controller then move it to a PIC or sommat.
I have the preadko book and some programming boards I need to dig out
and

2. a Metrology, ancient units of measurement project (belgian feet, etc
.... umpteen types of feet, all based on the precise measures of
fractions of the earth and all units (30 odd different types of the
foot) all related by fractional proportions, and pi ratios (woah! wot?)
as related on this waffly site

http://secretacademy.com/

Im supposed to take over that one too.

a mates, John Neal. he and John Michell decoded all that stuff ( john
M, also discovered stone henge solstice alignments etc and is the guy
who put Glastonbury on the hippy map as a spiritual mecca in the 60s-
he died in 2008)

so John Neal is currently the only chap who understands all that number
stuff.
I'd like to create a number crunching tool so archeologists and curios
types can stick numbers in on new sites in metres, feet etc and see if
it all holds water.

:)

so thats my two things :)

see you all soon :)