[Swansea Hackspace] USB to serial

Justin Mitchell justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:38:31 BST 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-10 at 13:33 +0100, Ian Bullfrog wrote:
> ELo All,
> does anyone have a USB (PC side) to a serial port (freaky device side)
> adapter for a Mac, and drivers for Mac OS X Snow leopard? or such like?
>
> just to see what I can get to work with my Mac and not having to fire up
> a windows box, and then see what software I can find for micro work etc
> on the mac.

CP2102 or PL2303 are the cheapest ones,
FTDI are supposedly better, but more expensive.

they cost from about £1.50 each on ebay, depending on how which model
and how long your willing to wait. generically listed as 'USB to TTL'

I used to bundle them with the electronics starter kit, i will have to
rummage and see if i have any left i can sell on and bring/send to
mondays meeting.