[Swansea Hackspace] USB to serial

David Davies-Day djdavies83 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:07:44 BST 2014

Not sure about the mac drivers etc but on my UNO that has the reprogrammable usb chip, I removed the atmega 328 and connected it up to a pro-mini (of course selected pro-mini as the board in arduino ide) and it worked fine as a a USB serial, also watched a Ben Heck video where he used  an UNO without its chip to to etst a serial output keyboard, a reflashed xbox360 chatpad to be more precise.

In short, if you have an UNO you don't really need a sepparate usb serial.