[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino Starter kit

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 10:43:09 BST 2014

> Once you have mastered the basics you will want shields... these add
> functionality like Ethernet to your project
>
> http://oomlout.co.uk/collections/arduino/shields

> All very easy to set up and use

Wow these are expensive, but i suppose they are quick.

I buy all my stuff off ebay or aliexpress from china, you have to wait 2
weeks but its all so very cheap, Off the top of my head, i have bought
Ethernet shield £5, motor control shield £3, RFID board £3, LCD
touchscreen £5

I will be bringing my collection of shields and dev boards along on
saturday for anyone that wants to have a quick go with them.

Then maybe we can put together a bulk order and plan a future tutorial
or group project using some of those boards.