[Swansea Hackspace] Arduino Starter kit

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Tue Jul 15 11:16:06 BST 2014

yes, very expensive - I have had mine from the outset, when very little was
available on eBay

as I have said before, the 'kit' and related tutorials were an easy way
back into electronics and embedded programming after being out of it for
many years. I found my old Pic on the weekend... that was programmed from
the parallel port of my PC - I can not remember when I last had a PC with a
parallel port available on it! I'm feeling old now!

I will be interested in bulk ordering, especially for XBee modules and
boards :-)

On 15 July 2014 10:43, Justin Mitchell <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:

> > Once you have mastered the basics you will want shields... these add
> > functionality like Ethernet to your project
> >
> > http://oomlout.co.uk/collections/arduino/shields
>
> > All very easy to set up and use
>
> Wow these are expensive, but i suppose they are quick.
>
> I buy all my stuff off ebay or aliexpress from china, you have to wait 2
> weeks but its all so very cheap, Off the top of my head, i have bought
> Ethernet shield £5, motor control shield £3, RFID board £3, LCD
> touchscreen £5
>
> I will be bringing my collection of shields and dev boards along on
> saturday for anyone that wants to have a quick go with them.
>
> Then maybe we can put together a bulk order and plan a future tutorial
> or group project using some of those boards.

Mob: 07836 267426