[Swansea Hackspace] Stepper Motors

Gerrit Niezen gerrit.niezen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:12:11 BST 2014

I had to do figure out the wiring of a stepper motor last week, so my TL;DR version for a four-wire stepper motor is:

Take one wire and use a multimeter to determine continuity with the other wires - two wires are connected to each coil. The polarity and the order in which the coils are connected to your driver board does not matter.

Cheers,
Gerrit