[Swansea Hackspace] An even led glow approx 2" diameter

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Mon Nov 3 23:09:12 GMT 2014

I used the DISCO lamp from B&Q - they had a 9 LED version but they seem to
have discontinued that, they do still have a 3 LED version.

I ripped out the random RGB LEDs and replaced them with ADDRESSABLE RGB
LEDs...

I brought it along to SWAMP

This is the 3LED one

http://www.diy.com/departments/lights-by-bq-disco-3-balls-led-table-lamp/212365_BQ.prd

not cheep, but it is stylish and sits nicely in my office.

I must admit I bought mine when it was reduced in the Jan Sales.

On 3 November 2014 22:31, Graham Owens <grahamowensuk at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I decided im going to use this new fangled arduino uno to make a 'Status'
> indicator next to me tv to alert me to some key information.
>
> the tv is 50" so im thinking something like a pod with 3x 2" diameter
> circles for indication to put on the top right of the tv, just above the
> edge.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get a nice even glow from leds over a 2
> inch area, im trying to avoid bright spots in it.  I would normally use
> something like EL sheet for this, but dont have any left - i do however
> have a big bag of white leds.  Any suggestions how to lay them out, do i
> light from the back or sides?  has anyone done anything similar?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham

Mob: 07836 267426