[Swansea Hackspace] Text Editor for code...

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Wed Nov 5 16:04:22 GMT 2014

All, as a follow up to my previous plea, I thought I would share my interim
solution.

The paid-for version of TextWrangler which I am sure you are familiar with,
BB Edit.

rather apt as the main website I use it for is called BB List
www.bblist.co.uk :-)

I'm still using the trial version but I can see me paying for it soon as it
does most of the things I want it to. It doesn't highlight matching words
when I select them, but it does at least underline them - the underline
isn't easy to see so I need to delve into the settings to see if it can be
customised at all.

There is a short cut to get a selected word into the find dialogue - right
click to get the context menu and then select 'Use Selection For Find' -
Again, I need to see if I can configure a short cut to streamline this.

I don't know my way round customising yet to see if any of these things are
possible, if they are the system will rock.

The last thing I want to do is to be forced back to using Microsoft Windows!

Thanks for the suggestions and comments!

Em