[Swansea Hackspace] Text Editor for code...

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:30:08 GMT 2014

here here Emyr!
" why is it that people have to over-complicate things?! I was taught by
my guru that computers are here to make life simpler, and good coding
should accomplish that, and not make everyday tasks overly complicated"

yep, what was it?

"Computers will free up liesure time and increase productivity".... oh
yes....yes...reallY?

every day Im stuck at a screen figuring out why I dont know things, why
everything has moved on so much and why everything I know is out of date
and have to spend an age learnign something new before I can achieve the
simple thing I wanted to achi...oops.... there goes another day!
curses!

:)
and no Vim isnt just shell programming.
ive got the app installed here locally on my machine. well, a derivative
. MacVim

www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25988/macvim

that is the url but also check out
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21012203/gvim-or-macvim-in-mac-os-x
about installing it via brew etc.

I now have both brew and macports installed.
I hear this isnt a good thing on a mac but
to be honest I wasnt really sure at the time, and now I just live with
it and....try not to touch either anymore
after getting some conflict stuff between versions of something I can no
longer remember.

mmmmm mabye I should bother to check out Vim for Macs a bit more.