[Swansea Hackspace] Text Editor for code...

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Thu Nov 6 11:16:54 GMT 2014

you should try notepad++

never had a problem, the tabs stack nicely, I can access all the scripts I
need to quickly, and granted I probably have more open than I need... but
it has never been a problem. Every few months or possibly once a year I
will go round closing a few I have not worked on for a while ;-) - am I
kidding? You will never know!

And the global find is a breeze

On 6 November 2014 10:28, Justin Mitchell <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 23:09 +0000, Emyr Morris wrote:
> > Vim is shell?
>
> vim opens in the current terminal,  gvim opens its own window
>
> When editing a local file i use gvim as you get better choices for
> syntax highlighting colour schemes.
>
> > I do very little in shell as I can have forty plus scripts open at
> > once in tabs.
> I find lots of files open to be counter-productive, when working on a
> large project i will only have 3 or 4 open at a time, the one i'm
> working on, one that called it, a header file or two.
>
> having lots of files open gets in the way when you use the ctags
> support, as it tries to take your current window to the right line and
> file only to find that file is already open in another window and it has
> to warn you.

Mob: 07836 267426