[Swansea Hackspace] Text Editor for code...

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Thu Nov 6 11:23:06 GMT 2014

All

thanks, lots of food for thought.

I'm in the horrible position of never having any formal education in
programming - there are times I wish I had made it to uni, but a job landed
at my feet when I was 18 and I grasped it... the lure of making money
straight away.

I'm totally self taught, and am probably doing it all wrong. And there is
so much I have never learnt because I didn't know about it or was never
shown/taught it. I've only learnt the stuff I have had to when I have
needed to.

Version Control / Git - I have glimpsed at Git and thought, yeh that sounds
cool... I keep time machine backups and I keep daily backups of my work, so
I have never kept any other formal type of version control repositories -
and there you all go screaming and kicking arms waving... :-(

I'm becoming more like you Ian every day! I've still got a lot of work to
do on my beard though! ;-) :-) :-)

Maybe I should sign up on an university course and get things back on track