[Swansea Hackspace] PCB, mac software

Ian Bullfrog sevendev.tk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:56:21 GMT 2014

ELo , has anyone used Osmond pcb design stuff for Mac.

http://osmondpcb.com/
http://www.rau-deaver.org/Osmond1.html

and the latest release STILL runs on my Snow leopard OS... woo hoo! love
them, give them biscuits.
the add on stuff at rau-deaver though doesnt.....grrrr....snatch
biscuits back from them!

Im assuming some of you have used Eagle.
http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/freeware/

Im obviously at the low end of the food chain with regards licencing
..oh! and ability. yes thats it
No need for Map size PCB designs for me... possibly a stamp...that would
tax my abilities.

anyway?
maybe something else>?
I think you had a circuit design workshop some time that I really wanted
to get too, but for some reason I dont seem to get the emails
I checked my email preferences I think im subscribed but?....

anyway. any advice on Osmond/Eagle/Probably some other radically
different Open source, command line, type it with your teeth sort of
alternative?

Ive only ever used some windows top notch windows pcb design thing with
auto routing when in uni. I have it on my house pc, ..which has just
blown up. meh
new mobo in the post :) but have forgotten everything about that. when I
change mobo I can boot it up again and see what it was!

but prefer to go the MAC route or then linux....hell! on a Pi even :)
... if I could print from it.

so if theres something coming up , or a resource thats awesome or
someone who really knows thier stuff with regards one of these, (or
doesnt but is just infectiously enthusiastic about one of them... I may
catch it!) then drop me a line.
ok cheers.

ps. as you can tell, someone has given me interent access today, so Ive
been doing loads of stuff ..er....and mailing a lot :)