[Swansea Hackspace] One day our space will be as wild as this

Paul Harwood paul at harwood-leon.com
Fri Nov 21 14:08:04 GMT 2014

I would just like to second that…

Setting up communities is hard and take a lot of dedication and time, all of course unpaid.

As much as criticism is useful it can also be demoralising, so balance is always useful :)

I think you have all dome a terrific job so far and in as much as TechHub can help address some of the issues (access is a pain for us all in the building and is something you could all help resolve btw :) ). It can be hard to listen to complaints, but it is always better to face them and deal with them than ignore them in any way. The entire building is very new and needs lots of feedback, good and bad.

I have 3 x raspberry Pi on order for some digital signage and some monitors to put up. Perhaps we can organise a “ideas for techhub access system” workshop? Esp. as we now have some hardware to base it upon.

I am thinking of buying a thumb scanning system which would unlock doors - but not set alarms. What are your thoughts on that? Only fob holders would be able to unset/set alarms.

Parking is a vey bad situation here. I would encourage everyone to utilise park tawe for a short stop (<2 hours I think).

Cheers!

— Paul