[Swansea Hackspace] Raspberry Pi laptop

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Tue Oct 28 11:23:28 GMT 2014

yes you can - you can specify the devices WAN  and which device is the
hotspot device

unless you have the new Pi+ you would then need a hub to power both wifi
adapters.

I have one of the little nano ones and my stock Pi is quite happy running
just that off the USB, no keyboard/mouse/HDMI etc, it just about gets away
with it

to latch onto a distant wifi in a campsite something with an antenna might
be preferable - the addition of one of these would be interesting

http://www.wa5vjb.com/products1.html

The standard instructions are here for ETHERNET -> WIFI hotspot using a Pi.
it works a treat!

http://www.maketecheasier.com/set-up-raspberry-pi-as-wireless-access-point/

All the best

Emyr