[Swansea Hackspace] CNC Mill Progress

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Wed Oct 29 13:47:35 GMT 2014

I will be going to my dad's in west wales in a few weeks time, he has a
shed and a garage full of board, if you have not found anything by then let
me know and I will bring back a few pieces. He has good quality ply,
chipboard, mdf, everything you can imagine being a hoarder and a carpenter
;-)

So it won't be this weekend but the weekend after... maybe having a few
spare boards won't hurt anyway

Em

On 29 October 2014 11:48, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> O> I have seen suggestions that MDF is bad because of the fine dust,
> > although someone (sorry i forgot who) donated an old vacuum cleaner to
> > use with it.
>
> MDF is very very flat so while it does need proper ventilation it's
> commonly used as a bed (and you are not supposed to saw the bed up). All
> wood dust however is supposed to be dealt with properly. It varies
> between yew and laburnum (which can kill you) to stuff like bamboo which
> is only an irritant under low exposures.
>
> Under high exposures most sawdust is linked to nose cancers and asthma
> which is why commercial wood shops all have those big hoover things on
> the bandsaws etc.
>
> Alan

Mob: 07836 267426