[Swansea Hackspace] New Project - Powerpack for a laptop

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 10:42:00 BST 2014

On 12/09/14 07:50, Richard Morgan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm looking to 'make' a battery pack that I can use for travelling and
> charging up my kit (iPhone, iPad, Mi-Fi and laptop) - laptop is a
> priority.
>
> This is the kind of thing
> http://www.mophie.com/shop/mophie-juice-pack-powerstation-duo-smart-phones-tablets but
> it won't power a laptop.

<snip>

As others are saying it is not an easy project. There are commercial
products available that do the laptop job
E.g
http://www.thebatterygeeks.com/External-Laptop-Batteries-for-PC-Mac-Tablets-s/1.htm

As for the example you give that is really expensive for what it is. I
have a 6000mAh battery that I carry around as back up for my phone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EAOGZNI/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

It is a fraction of the price of the one you link to. Less than a
quarter I think.
Granted it only has one output but there are others available with two
output sockets. It will power a tablet or a phone.

Neil