[Swansea Hackspace] Membership Dues

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Mon Sep 15 10:19:46 BST 2014

yes, I was suggesting a note with the bank details on the 'account' page to
_encourage_ members to pay on one of two dates (keeping the same cut-off)
so Sharon has less work to do to monitor the bank account.

I know that chasing member dues is a pain - I look after the membership of
Pontardawe Film Club :-(

Mind you, years ago I was national treasurer of CYD, the Welsh Learners'
Society - that was a bigger pain, we had members all over Wales and some
abroad in England (plus one or two in Europe)

On 15 September 2014 09:58, Justin Mitchell <justin at swansea.hackspace.org.uk
> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 09:47 +0100, Emyr Morris wrote:
> > maybe add the BACS details as an 'aide memoir'? :-)
>
> Okay, i have put them on that page as well, but they are only visible if
> you are logged in as a member.
>
> > Be great if everybody set up a standing order, that would make things
> > easier for our Treasurer...
>
> Yes, standing orders are preferred, followed by paypal recurring
> payments, means that i wont have to write increasingly sarcastic
> reminder emails when people forget :)
>

> > Would it also assist if we all set the date of our transfer to
> > something like the 4th or the 20th of the month? That way the
> > treasurer wouldn't need to check the bank account more than twice a
> > month :-) :-)
>
> Official deadline is the 23rd of the month, payments should be in before
> then if you dont want to get nagged.

Mob: 07836 267426