[Swansea Hackspace] Ali Express

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Sep 23 11:08:46 BST 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 10:58 +0100, Emyr Morris wrote:
> paypal wasn't available... that is my normal choice method of
> payment.
>

> I got myself a RFID thingy for arduino - sooooo cheep! $3.49 with a
> card and a fob

Watch out that many of those are 3.3v circuits, so you need a level
converter as well.  i have been using these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item//1972729582.html

bi-directional 4 channel 5v-3.3v level converters, it even includes the
3.3v regulator.

there will be other listings selling smaller quantities, look for the
double-arrow logo on the back to easily pick the right one