[Swansea Hackspace] Teaching Children to Code

Richard Morgan richard.morgan at avocation.co.uk
Mon Aug 3 21:00:29 BST 2015

OK, here's where I've got so far with this, comments, suggestions,
hacks, tweaks all welcome.
- Thanks Sharon

ToDo:

Decide on attendee limit (if any) some activities are going to involve
getting up and moving around.
- would depend on the duration, age-range and if parents are coming too

Debate the issue of ticket price. Should there be one to benefit the
Hackspace.? Should it be free.?
- Should not be free but could be 'donate' on the day expectation set, as a
'taster' to get numbers through the door for the first one. We want to
build an on-going series of these if we can manage it...

Should it be drop-off or parental supervision for U16.? We're not
running a creche but I'm a STEMnet Ambassador so it could be drop-off.
- I would recommend having parents there too, the objective is to learn
code not riot-control with a group of kids that don't know each other (or
am I being a pessimist!)

Volunteers:

Thank you Tom for already volunteering to help deliver this. - Thanks Tom

Would anyone else like to take the opportunity to be involved with
this.? (STEMnet registration NOT req'd).
- I would be happy to attend and helpout (assuming I'm around in South
Wales on the date) and will bring Max (8yrs old) along too

Sharon

On 3 August 2015 at 18:40, Sharon Mitchell <sharon at swansea.hackspace.org.uk>
wrote:

> OK, here's where I've got so far with this, comments, suggestions,
> hacks, tweaks all welcome.
>
> ToDo:
>
> Decide on attendee limit (if any) some activities are going to involve
> getting up and moving around.
>
> Debate the issue of ticket price. Should there be one to benefit the
> Hackspace.? Should it be free.?
>
> Should it be drop-off or parental supervision for U16.? We're not
> running a creche but I'm a STEMnet Ambassador so it could be drop-off.
>
> Volunteers:
>
> Thank you Tom for already volunteering to help deliver this.
>
> Would anyone else like to take the opportunity to be involved with
> this.? (STEMnet registration NOT req'd).
>
> -
>
> Sharon

Kind regards,

Richard