[Swansea Hackspace] Raspberry Pi - kiosk mode

Emyr Morris em at preseli.com
Fri Jan 23 20:28:49 GMT 2015

calling Linux gurus!

I have my Chip Shop system working almost as I want it... but...

I was hoping to have something monitor chromium and if it detected that the
browser had frozen / stopped responding or hadn't refreshed for a certain
period of time, it would close the browser and re-open it

I thought I had found an example a few months ago and bookmarked it, but I
can not for the life of me find the example again.

for example, I have a web page that is refreshed every 5 mins, if chromium
has not refreshed in 10 mins it needs to be restarted.

currently I am using a very simple

to reload the page,

I would value advice. Thanks

Emyr